Identity and Access Management
- IAM stands for Identity and Access Management. It enables you to manage access to AWS services and resources securely.
- IAM allows you to create and manage AWS users and groups, and use permission/roles to allow and deny their access to AWS resources.
- IAM has a global view.
It has a predefined managed policies.
It is always good to give minimum permissions to end-users
- You can create up to 5000 users per AWS account
- All IAM users will get a separate URL to login
- Root account is a super user and should never be used or shared with any one.