- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides secure, scalable compute capacity in the cloud.
- It is a simple web service interface that allows you to obtain and configure virtual compute service capacity with minimal friction
- It can be obtained on-demand and can be paid per mode (Pay-As-You-Go)
- You can create up to 5000 users per AWS account
- Every EC2 instances when configured comes with the storage volume attached to it. This block storage where OS is installed is called ‘Elastic Block Storage’
- These EC2 instances can be configured with Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems and can be accessed via remote using public IP address.