AWS Global Infrastructure
- Amazon cloud computing resources are hosted in multiple locations world-wide.
- These locations are composed of AWS Regions and Availability Zones (AZ).
- AWS Region is a separate geographic area.
- Each AZ is a physical data center in the region
- Availability Zone is one or more discrete data centers with redundant power, networking, and connectivity in an AWS Region.
- AZs in an AWS Region are interconnected with high-bandwidth, low-latency networking, over fully redundant, dedicated metro fiber providing high-throughput.
- Each availability zones are isolated from disasters.
- Some resources does not require regions and are termed as global.